What To Do If You Slip and Fall
- Inspect the area where you fell, and try to determine what caused you to fall.
- Make sure to write down the names, addresses and phone numbers of anyone in the vicinity where the incident occurred - both those who saw you fall, and others who were there after the incident -- since you will likely need them as witnesses on your behalf. Even if someone did not see you fall, he or she could, if necessary, describe your pain and the conditions of the floor, lighting, or other hazard immediately after you fell.
- If the incident occurred in a store or place of business, speak with the manager or supervisor on duty, and have them make a record of the incident, being sure to get a copy of anything prepared. If anyone (especially an employee, supervisor or manager) makes a comment suggesting that this has occurred before, or that they were aware of the condition before your fall, obtain this person's name and job title. Make sure to get the name, address and phone number of anyone else who heard him or her make the statement.
- Have someone take photographs of the area as soon as possible, so a record is made. Dangerous conditions have a way of changing if the property owner thinks that you might file a claim for injuries.
- If you slip on any substance on the floor, obtain a sample of the substance if possible.
- After receiving appropriate initial medical treatment, contact an attorney with experience in handling claims for personal injury resulting from slip and fall accidents.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a slip and fall accident, call Federigos & Lambe now at 407-244-3340 or 407-999-9991 or CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT A SIMPLE CASE FORM. Don't delay! You may have a valid claim and be entitled to compensation for your injuries, but a lawsuit must be filed before the statute of limitations expires.
The above is not legal advice. That can only come from
a qualified attorney who is familiar with all the facts and circumstances
of a particular, specific case and the relevant law. See Terms